Horasis will convene the 2018 Horasis Global Meeting in Cascais, Portugal over 5-8 May. The annual Horasis Global Meeting is one of the world’s foremost gatherings of business leaders who interact with key government officials and eminent thought leaders. The Horasis community of more than 400 selected world leaders from 70 countries will gather for an unparalleled experience advancing solutions to the most critical challenges facing corporations and societies today. Participants will share insights and innovations on how to jointly inspire our future. Read a thought leadership report contributed to the Horasis Global Meeting by Oxford Analytica.
The third Horasis Global Meeting will be an important milestone along the path that Horasis is embarking upon. At the 2017 Horasis Global Meeting we discussed Building Togetherness, a theme we wish to build upon to improve global economic and societal well-being through our collaborative efforts towards Inspiring our Future, a theme which follows the newly evolved mission of Horasis.
Cascais is conveniently located 20min from Lisbon Airport and – with its enchanting location right on the Atlantic – is one of Europe’s truly legendary resorts. As in 2017, the Horasis Global Meeting is held in partnership with the City of Cascais and the Portuguese Government.
- City of Cascais
- Government of Portugal
- José Manuel Barroso, Chairman, Goldman Sachs International, United Kingdom
- Vijay Eswaran, Chairman, QI Ltd, Hong Kong
- Nobuyuki Idei, Chief Executive Officer, Quantum Leaps Corporation, Japan
- Timothy Lane, Deputy Governor, Bank of Canada, Canada
- John D. Negroponte, Vice Chairman, McLarty Associates, USA
- Pedro Duarte Neves, Alternate Chairperson, European Banking Authority, United Kingdom
- Mohan Das Pai, Chairman, Manipal Global Education, India
- Lila Tretikov, Chief Executive Officer, Terrawatt Initiative, France
- Deborah Wince-Smith, President, United States Council on Competitiveness, USA
- CIP – Confederation of Portuguese Business
- Estoril Sol
- Hill & Knowlton Strategies
- IE Business School
- Oxford Analytica
- Turismo de Portugal
Breakfast Sessions: Inspiring the Future
We must all take responsibility for our future. Thus, through our choice of politicians, business leaders and community workers we must accept it is really us, collectively, that determines the inspiration, if any, which uplifts us. We will reflect on the discussions of the last two days and contemplate how the world is going to look? What critical and sustainable success factors need to be addressed to create inspiration?
Creativity in the Unknown (Room D1) – 8 May, 2018 08:00 – 09:30 hs.
Science, social science and engineering development lead us into new areas, sometimes quickly. With the global population expected to rise to 11 billion what advances are desirable? How may they be achieved given our global financial slowdown? Who are the leading exemplars?
- Matias Barreiro, Chairman, Cobermed, Argentina
- Türker Bas, Professor, Galatasaray University, Turkey
- Michael Keller, Secretary General, International Seed Federation, Switzerland
- Simone Kimpeler, Head of the Competence Center Foresight, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems
and Innovation Research, Germany
- Venkat Matoory, Strategic Board Advisor, CBA, India
- Tom Simmons, Chief Executive Officer, Cambridge Glycoscience, United Kingdom
- Julia Stamm, Managing Director, Science Leads, Germany
- Pete Worden, Executive Director, Breakthrough Prize Foundation, USA
Timothy J. Nichol, Dean, Liverpool Business School, United Kingdom